All members and guests of the DNDC are expected to know and follow club rules and to practice the courtesy of good sportsmanship and etiquette on the court.
- Courts are for tennis play only. Skateboards, scooters, bicycles, rollerblades, skates or any other wheeled device are not allowed on the courts or the sidewalks around the court area at any time.
- Only tennis and non-marking shoes are permitted. Appropriate attire, including shirts, must be worn at all times.
- No glass of any kind is allowed on the courts. Use of glass containers is restricted to spectator areas.
- The tennis court area is not a destination or gathering place for children during adult swim at the pool.
- Children 10 and under are not permitted to play tennis unless accompanied by an adult.
- With the exception of league matches play is limited to 2 hours when others are waiting.
- Smoking is not permitted on or in the area surrounding the courts.
- Players must empty the green on court trash cans after play and leave the courts in playable condition when they are finished.
- When leaving the court, if no one else is playing or waiting, lock all court gates and restrooms and turn off the lights.
- Squeegees and dry rollers are to be hung on the fence after use.
- Return brooms, blowers & extension cords to storeroom after use and ensure storeroom is locked. Do not block the AED machine. The code for the storeroom is the same as for the courts.
- Non-members are only permitted to play on the courts if a DNDC member is present.
- Non-members are not permitted to reserve courts.
- Pets are not permitted on the tennis courts.
Hours of Operation
- Courts are open from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily. The latest a reservation may be made is 9 p.m. in order to vacate the courts by 11 p.m.
- Only members of the DNDC are permitted to make reservations.
- Reservations may be made seven (7) day in advance of a match with the following exceptions:
- In the event of the rescheduling of ALTA and USTA matches.
- At the discretion of the Tennis Director in order to accommodate league play or special events.
- Court reservations can be made one of two ways:
- On-line via the DNDC web-site @ www.dunwoodynorthdc.org.
- Via the app which can be downloaded from the website.
- Members need a user name & password to make reservations. To make a reservation
click on the tennis tab on the home page and follow the instructions.
- Members are responsible for cancelling reservations if they will not be using a court. Reservations should be cancelled as soon as it is known that the courts will not be used.
- The maximum reservation time is 2 hours per member per day. Individual family members are each permitted to make a reservation subject to system limitations.
- Refrain from booking the court adjacent to another reservation if possible.
- Except for league play, if a member has not arrived for their reserved court up to 10 minutes past the reserved time, the reservation will assume to be cancelled and others may use the court. Reservations may be verified with the app.
- Members may play on a court without a reservation, but may be asked to give up the court in favor of a member with a confirmed reservation.
- Please have verification of your court reservation with you to alleviate confusion at the court.
Please understand and adhere to appropriate court & tennis etiquette at all times including:
- Use of appropriate shoes & attire.
- As in every sport, good sportsmanship is expected at all times.
- Yelling while others are playing is not permitted.
- Do not go on to another court to retrieve your tennis ball during play.
- Yelling, swearing, throwing of racquets etc. is not permitted.
- No glass is permitted on the court.
- For additional information and rules, please see USTA Friend at Court which outlines rules & regulations under which tennis is played in the U.S.
Tennis Court Guests
- All guests must be accompanied by a DNDC member and are required to follow the club rules.
- Guests are allowed for recreational play including T 2, K Swiss, and Ultimate Tennis.
- Members are responsible for ensuring that their guests adhere to all DNDC tennis court rules.
- An AED machine is located in the tennis closet. A clear path to the AED machine must be maintained at all times. The code for the closet is the same as for the courts.
- Teams may use the tennis closet located near the courts to store a limited amount of table set-up and water for use during the season. All items stored in the closet must be labeled with identifying information i.e. Captain’s name, league, etc. If items are not labeled they may be thrown away.
- Due to space limitations, coolers are not permitted to be left in the storeroom between league matches.
- Alcohol may not be stored in the tennis closet.
- Food may not be stored in the tennis closet.
The Tennis Director sends an email to all team captains prior to the start of each league season containing information necessary to ensure the leagues run smoothly. It is the responsibility of the captains to forward the email to all team members and ensure they follow DNDC rules.
The Tennis Director coordinates team play, schedules courts for practices and matches and works with captains to schedule play-off and makeup matches if needed. Team captains are responsible for team management including rosters, coordination of practices, coaching, match lineups and reserving the clubhouse.
General Rules Governing ALTA and USTA League Teams
- Anyone desiring to form a new team must obtain approval from the Tennis Director prior to submitting a roster to the league.
- Any team not abiding by club rules will not be allowed court time for matches or practices and will be reported as ineligible to the league.
- No eligible club member may be excluded from the roster of a DNDC team.
- It is the responsibility of the team captain to understand and ensure team adherence to these rules.
- The captain will provide the Tennis Director a copy of the roster promptly upon submission of the roster to the league and indicate non-members with the home club of any reciprocal club players.
- Players added subsequent to the initial roster must be submitted to the Tennis Director prior to being added to the league roster.
Rules Governing Non-Members Playing on a DNDC Team
- Non-members on rosters must adhere to the rules governing non-members and adhere to all club rules.
- Subject to the rules here-in, addition of non-members to a team shall be at the discretion of the team captain and the captain may determine if additional players are needed to fill a roster and have enough players for a full line-up each week
- Non-members should not be issued combinations or keys to access facilities.
- Non-members may not sign up for individual court time.
- Non-members must reside outside of the Dunwoody North neighborhood footprint.
- Anyone residing in the Dunwoody North footprint must be a member of the DNDC or a reciprocal club to play on a DNDC team.
- Non-members are required to pay a $50 fee per team per league season. It is the responsibility of captains to collect this fee or to ensure the fee is paid on-line.
- DNDC participates in agreements with several other local neighborhood clubs to allow members to participate on teams at both clubs at no cost.
- The Tennis Director periodically confirms reciprocity agreements with local clubs and can answer questions regarding reciprocity.
- There is no limit to the number of reciprocal club players on a team roster.
- Residents of the DNDC footprint are not eligible for non-member team status unless they are a member of a reciprocal club.
- If a non-member/reciprocal member is team captain, the co-captain must be a DNDC member and will be considered responsible for use of DNDC facilities.
- All approved DNDC league teams are eligible for reserved practice time on two courts for 1 ½ hours per week. Additional time may be requested through the Tennis Director.
- The Tennis Director will make all practice time reservations for each season. It is the responsibility of team captains to let the Tennis Director know the day of the week, time slot and start and end date of practice times.
- Practices times are allotted on a first-come first-serve basis. In the event of multiple teams requesting practice courts for the same day, courts will be assigned from 6:30 to 8:00 and from 8:00 to 9:30. Court 4 is not to be scheduled for team practices.
- Teams who make play-offs should notify the Tennis director if additional practice time is needed.
Team League Matches
- As soon as the league assigns the season schedule, the team captain is required to provide the schedule to the Tennis Director.
- The Tennis Director makes all court reservations for home matches.
- Three courts will be reserved for all home matches, unless there are two home matches at the same time.
- The team captain or designated DNDC member is responsible for the condition of the courts and spectator areas including, but not limited to:
- Ensuring the courts are playable, including drying the courts if necessary
- Clearing leaves from the court
- Emptying all on court and clubhouse trash cans and lining clubhouse cans with new garbage bags
- Placing trash in dumpster
- Locking all courts gates and restrooms
- Turning off lights
- A post-match clean-up checklist is provided to the captains at the start of each season and should be used to ensure the clubhouse and courts are cleaned properly.
- After each team receives a schedule, the captain may reserve the clubhouse for use during home matches if available:
- Pre-existing clubhouse reservations will stand.
- If the clubhouse is in use, avoid disturbing the function in the clubhouse and do not access the clubhouse kitchen or restroom.
- The clubhouse deck may be used unless the clubhouse is rented. The team captain or designated DNDC member is responsible for adhering to all clubhouse rules as posted in the clubhouse or on the web site.
- Please leave the clubhouse in the condition you would expect if you had a paid clubhouse reservation.
- If in doubt about reservations or use of the clubhouse, please contact the board member responsible for clubhouse rental at firstname.lastname@example.org
ALTA and USTA Make-up Matches
- Please notify the Tennis Director promptly when a match needs to be rescheduled or played early.
- Make-up matches for approved leagues should be scheduled during practice time if possible.
- Scheduling a make-up match during practice time for another team should be avoided, however, make-up matches take precedence over practices.
- The Tennis Director works with tennis captains to schedule make-up matches without undue disruption, however, it is ultimately the Tennis Director’s decision as to when make-up matches are scheduled.
ALTA and USTA Play-off Matches
- Team captains should notify the Tennis Director once play-off eligibility is known and home courts are required.
- Courts for play-off matches are reserved by the Tennis Director.
- Three courts will be reserved subject to availability.
The DNDC Tennis Director will form a tennis committee as deemed necessary by the DNDC Board of Directors or the Tennis Director. The committee will include members of league tennis teams as well as recreational players. The committee may meet in person or conduct their business via email at the discretion of the Tennis Director. The committee will consist of a minimum of 4 DNDC members in addition to the Tennis Director. Only DNDC members may participate on the committee. The Tennis Director will seek approval of the DNDC board for any rule changes.